|P. O. Box 5039
Hilton Head Island, SC 29938
|April 6, 2009 -- Minutes
Harbourside Bank Building , 852 Wm. Hilton Pkwy, Suite 2A . In the absence of Moderator Lorie Getz, Sansing McPherson called
the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m with 13 members and 3 guests present. Two new members joined – Bob Hamel and Sharon
Rice. Minutes were approved as submitted electronically. Treasurer Max Judge submitted a balance on hand of $1,665.15.
ACBC Bookmakers Festival – Sansing reminded members of the ACBC Bookmakers Festival in Beaufort on Sat., April 25 at ACBC
Headquarters, 2127 Boundary St., Suite 18A . Several members will have tables marketing their own books. The following
people will staff the IWN table to market our anthology: 9 to 11, Sansing McPherson; 11 to 1, Tom Crawford; 1 to 3, Greg
Smorol. One more member is needed for the 3 to 5 spot.
Publishing/marketing news – Dee Merian’s fourth book, California Stories, has been published. Heyward Inabinett has sold over
1,000 copies of his book, Triangular Pegs. Marilyn Lorenz sold over 50 copies of Great Blue Gert at the HH Plantation Avid
Gardeners Flower Show on Sunday. Fred Bassett has acquired an agent who is submitting his poetry to William Morris Agency .
Fred has had 2 poems accepted for publication by Yemassee, the literary journal of USC.
ew Anthology - Sansing reminded the members of the following guidelines:
· Absolute deadline for submissions is Monday, May 18.
· There have been 12 poems and 8 prose works submitted thus far
· Edited manuscripts were returned and authors were asked to revise their electronic file and resubmit revisions
electronically to Sansing McPherson, email@example.com.
· Our finished product must reflect Hilton Head Island ’s family-friendly reputation and thus be PG-13 in language and subject
· Jane Hill passed around print outs of how to convert files from Vista into Word or Rich Text documents and how to do
global edits. The instructions for these two maneuvers are explained on the IWN website – www.iwn-hhi.org.
· Three members were asked to read from their submissions to give listeners a taste of the quality we are receiving – Norm
Levy, poetry; Fred Bassett, poetry, Tom Crawford, short memoir.
Open Mike will be Monday, April 20 at 7:00 at the Heritage Library new location.
Next meeting will be Monday, May 4. Summer Schedule will be determined when Lorie Getz returns.
Meeting adjourned at 8:05 p.m.
Submitted by Sansing McPherson, Secretary